The Pepper technology has been developed from the ground up with the developer in mind. We know that one size does not fit all and our customers have creative and innovative ideas that our technology should enable rather than hinder.
Our goal is to make it easy to get own-brand mobile payments and loyalty apps to a deployable state with relative ease and low risk so that your development time and effort is spent on building a delightful user interface and adding additional innovative features that excite your users.
Please see the diagram below for a high level overview of the opportunities that exist for developers.
The three broad areas of developer enablement that the PepperHQ technology provides are highlighted below.
- Platform REST APIs
- iOS and Android native SDKs.
- Connector Development Kits
The PepperHQ developer landscape.
The cloud-hosted core of the Pepper technology, exposes a fully-featured suite of REST APIs for mobile (and other) clients to integrate with.
Pepper's native SDKs are available for the most popular mobile platforms and make it possible to quickly and easily develop entirely bespoke mobile experiences that take full advantage of the Pepper technology.
In addition to providing access to the Pepper REST APIs as described above, the SDKs also handle (amongst other things);
- Caching to ensure the app is a responsible consumer of mobile data
- Presence to ensure that the User is reliably checked in when they are within range of a Location.
- Task Orientation aggregate use of the REST APIs to serve the needs of specific tasks that the User may wish to perform. e.g. ‘createTopUpForUser()’
The Pepper Platform also includes the 3rd Party Connector Framework that allows Pepper Powered experiences to integrate with 3rd party systems such as Point-of-Sale and Payments.